Who is that Hot Stuff?

a spit of comments.
a groan of aches.
a moment to confuse.
a reason to fight.
a tear to trickle.
an antidote to laugh.
a lameness to feed on.

Its all in here!

Sunday, April 17, 2011

I kind of miss ID actually... Today is my last day working in the team. Somehow i became rather attached and fond of two of kids there. Being with them for the past two weeks gave me a memorable time in paediatric department. It was an eye opener as well...

Most of the kids there are RVD +ve kids. Fate has it that they have been "bestowed" to grow up wearing a tag that carries a huge taboo with them. It is sad seeing how innocent and their inability to grasp the severity of their illness. They still walk around smiling and being such cutie pies. I blame the parents and only the parents for doing this to them.

Anyways, one of them are left alone as an orphanage after beong born to this world. Nobody could take care of her nor supervise her HAART theraphy and she is only waiting to go...

She seems abit more happy today. Laughing and commenting on some cats and crocs on the tv. I smile inside hearing her chirpy and excited voice :) hehe. Gave her more candies today. Ive been feeding and stuffing these kids in ID with loads of candies and chocolates. (p/s: actually its my trick to coax them into letting me poke them with branulas or to reward them after a peaceful moment of blood taking. Haha. Not! :p)
But on a serious note, Its all these little little gestures and happiness i see in their faces that makes me feel its worth studying 5 years in the sucky sickening medical field. I am glad i can be a part of their life even for a while. :))
I am praying very hard for all of them especially her to be able to fight this battle and at least live to see the world.

Why la i grew fond of them... Aigh...

Honestly if you asked me 2 weeks ago, I cringed at the thought of dealing with them. I was so afraid that i might be accidentally infected due to some occupational hazzard. Plus knowing how clumsy i can get with my stupid psoriatic palms, i really hated the idea of being in Infectious disease team. But hey, now i am a pro in HAART and DOTs regime. :p

And this is another chapter of my life i feel i ought to share and remember. Adios and get well kidos!!!! ^^ till we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment