Who is that Hot Stuff?

a spit of comments.
a groan of aches.
a moment to confuse.
a reason to fight.
a tear to trickle.
an antidote to laugh.
a lameness to feed on.

Its all in here!

Thursday, March 19, 2020

Compelled

It took me exactly 2 attempts on 2 seperate days to complete Once upon a time in hollywood.

I have heard enough about the repertoire of Quentin tarantino as a director but admittedly i havent watched any of his masterpieces. Not even his recent few - django unchained and inglorius basterds.

So, while taking into consideration horrible reviews from many fellow movie connoisseur, I reminded myself to embrace this movie with an open mind.
(Afterall Leo is acting, how bad can that be?)

Unfortunately it was’t as easy as i thought. 10mins into the movie, i found myself feeling unattracted to the storyline. Thus I abandoned the plan to continue watching it few days back.

Today i put the movie on again, and 30minutes into the movie, i still failed to connect with the movie. I found myself distracted with the phone and chocolates.

Heck, i was watching only for the sake of wanting to check the movie off my list once and for all. I felt lost and uninspired like how the rest of leo’s movies would have made me feel halfway through.
I perservered. It finished the movie after 6 hours. 😅

(Without a doubt, Leo is an excellent actor)

To be extremely honest, i only enjoyed the last 10minutes of the movie. Because it was filled with actions and it felt less monotonous.

Movie ended, i was left baffled and unsettled. Me being me, I googled the meaning behind this masterpiece and i learnt about the horrifying murder of Sharon Tate in august 1969 by the manson family.

Now all i can say is - “Fuckin’ hell. QT is a genius”

No comments:

Post a Comment